~Lynn Matthews and JB Burns
Red Hot Media has taken a position on border security and we believe we have a plan that is a win-win for all parties involved to protect the nation from the incredible tax burden that has been plaguing our nation for several decades now. Please read our proposal and give us your input.
Reasons for better border security and how to achieve it
According to fairus.org, there are 12.5 million illegal alien residents living in the United States today. “The Federal government spends a net amount of $45.8 billion on illegal aliens and their U.S.-born children. This amount includes expenditures for public education, medical care, justice enforcement initiatives, welfare programs and other miscellaneous costs. It also factors in the meager amount illegal aliens pay to the federal government in income, social security, Medicare and excise taxes.”
Federal Education: $1,691,034,040
Medical Expenditures: $17,135,594,572
Justice Expenditures: $13,148,609,360
Regardless of the number of illegals crossing the border, the number living here, the cost to the federal government, the American citizen and tax payer is footing the bill. These figures do not include criminal activity of unaccounted illegals working for cash. The situation is, these figures are unsustainable for America. And the there needs to be a program that deters the illegally entry and taking of residence into America.
For the purpose of this proposal, we are not going to include loss of life, or human trafficking just statistics that are easily obtained via a search of government database and other related internet search engines.
The border wall is approximately 1,970 miles that separates the United States from Mexico.
Figures for a physical barrier between the United States and its southern neighbor vary according to data: “In July 2016, Bernstein Research, a firm that analyzes material costs, put the price tag at $15 billion to $25 billion, for a wall that stretches 1,000 miles and is 40 feet high, which was Trump’s initial desired height.”
Department of Homeland security estimates the cost to build a more secure border is around $21 Billion.
Despite the high price tag for a more secure barrier between the United States and Mexico, the cost of securing the border to prevent the illegal entry of persons seeking to take advantage of American tax payers is priceless.
Here is what we are proposing to the president as an alternative plan for achieving a bipartisan deal to accomplish better border security.
The cost to implement a physical barrier would be approximately 21B. The savings in one year alone would be approximately 20B given the figures above.
We believe we can get congress to approve the spending of such funds if the following were implemented.
- Grant citizenship to Daca recipients. Since it was not their fault for illegally crossing the border.
- Amnesty with fines but no citizenship unless four years of service in military.
- Any illegal who have committed felonies do not qualify and should be deported immediately
- E-verify. For work, education, all visa holders. Tie in work visa student visa to addresses and employment.
- End anchor baby citizenship if not a resident for five years prior birth of the child, and five years after. There should be no tolerance for people coming to the United States to have children born with American benefits who have no vested interest in the country.
- Immediate deportation for anyone overstaying visa, or committing a felony. Including drunk driving. Suspend due process for the above said crimes. And fully eliminate court costs for deportation hearings based on felonies committed.
- Harsh penalties for employers who knowingly hire illegals, who do not report to ICE officials when seasonal employment ends.
This plan must be sold a s a compassionate solution to a very long time expensive problem. It would give the President leverage for wall funding as well as provide a compassionate response to the members of congress who want to eliminate any barriers between southern border and United States.
Thank you for your time,